Responsible for managing all phases of product development projects as assigned. Lead function team in managing and coordinating product development activities. Provide technical knowledge within the Product Development department and the OSI organization.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with project team lead to establish project timelines.
- Customer interaction: Liaise with customers; communicate project status, respond to change requests, present product and other contact as needed.
- Product development: Prepare bench top samples, evaluate ingredient and process performance of product against customer specifications and modify as needed, plan and coordinate plant trials.
- Product costing: Supply formulas, ingredients, manufacturing process, yields, throughputs, etc. for product costing process. Review costing estimates as proposed by product costing team.
- Project record: Document formula, processes, ingredients and results related to bench top samples, production tests and product evaluations.
- Facilitate commercialization; provide specifications and manufacturing instructions, communicate with plant management during transition from development phase to full production.
- Product improvement: Evaluate production data and make improvement recommendations.
- Discover and source new ingredients. Outline tests and recommend ingredients for flavor and functionality.
- Investigate new process technology. Create and apply test plans for potential new equipment and make recommendations for feasibility and use.
- Labeling: Assist developing product labeling and submitting for USDA approval.
- Direct the work of Food Technologists in support of assigned projects or related tasks.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degrees in Food Science, Meat Science or related field.
- Five years product development experience in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food processing technologies, production equipment and applicable uses.
- Deep understanding of ingredient functionality and usage.
- Thorough knowledge of USDA and FDA requirements and impact on product development and production.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing project obligations.
- Abilty to travel up to 50%
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. PI96582920