The Food Scientist will be accountable for coordinated, aligned and successful innovation through exploration, development, and implementation of new and existing products in Cargill Protein Group Retail Channel. Project work will be aligned with the business strategy and initiated and completed through the business PPM process and sponsored and approved by the business leadership. Customer focused innovation activities will focus on consumer insights, new product and technology development, new process development, customer partnership and technical sales support. Innovation can include the entire process from ideation to commercialization or segments of the process. The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and project leadership to: 1) New product development for product line growth, 2) Technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities, 3) Creation, perfection, and defense of new and existing IP, 4) Involvement in strategic plan and creation of a center of excellence and collaboration.
45% Research, ideate, and develop innovative and insight driven customer focused new products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products and solutions
20% Utilize portfolio and project management tools
20% Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
10% Build Fresh Retail, Cargill Protein Group, and Cargill Corporate collaboration and product technical expertise.
5% Build, maintain and defend IP portfolio
• Education: A Bachelor of Science degree OR equivalent experience in food/meat/poultry science, culinary arts, or food technology/processing is required
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in new product development, commercialization of new products and/or research. Graduate degree experience does qualify.
• Highly motivated individual with strong background in scientific procedure and project management
• Basic Food Industry knowledge
• Data Analysis
• Experimental Design
• Technical writing skills
• Demonstrates support of the Cargill Leadership Expectations
• Strong written communication and technical writing skills
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Proficient with multiple computer software systems, Microsoft Office and email
• Education: A Masters, PhD or equivalent if food/meat science
• Previous experience working directly with customers
Internal Number: WIC04327
About Cargill Protein
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.ke