Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way. This position is in Cargill’s Protein & Salt business research, development, & innovation function, which provides wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful food products. Join the team that serves a wide range of customers around the world, from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets.
Do you have a passion for working as a Food Scientist? Want to work for a global company that values excellence? Would you love working in a hardworking team of dedicated professionals? We are looking for someone like you.
The Senior Food Scientist is accountable for coordinated, aligned and successful innovation through exploration, development, and implementation of new and existing products. The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise to new product development for product line growth and technology/process development for the creation of new capabilities. This position identifies and implements technical solutions against business goals. At this level, performed work is under minimal supervision and the role is expected to independently seek moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to higher-level staff.
• Work with sales/business management/marketing partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new food product development opportunities.
• Work with insights, research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products and hybrids.
• Work with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, FSQR, finance, multiple proteins)
• Develop and implement innovation roadmap market plan(s) including market and innovation plans aligned to the business strategy.
• Provide technical leadership in protein product and commercial process development, commercialization, and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight.
• In the position you will have to stay current with literature and analytical advancements and work with limited supervision on daily tasks.
• Identify product growth and new product opportunities. Modify plans to meet opportunities.
• Analyze and interprets market data to take advantage of opportunities and minimize adverse trends.
• ?Provide protein technical expertise, leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group and other business functions.
• ?Documentation and Intellectual Property protection of formula and processes developed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in meat science/ food science or other technical related field plus an additional 4 or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: protein formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization OR an advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in meat science, food science or related field plus an additional 2 or more years combined professional experience in the following areas: protein formulation development, ingredient functionality and product commercialization
• Possesses comprehensive knowledge of protein/meat products, protein commercial processes, analytical tests, and marketing strategies
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Ability to work in a cold environment
• Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in meat science, food science or related field
• Experience in influencing/leading cross-functional project teams
• Operations experience
• Experience working successfully in a matrix organization
• Demonstrated financial and business acumen
• Strategic thinker with ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
• Tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
• Experience conducting work in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in facilitation of continuous improvement events such as Kaizen, Six Sigma or Lean processes
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: WIC04530
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.